Our volunteers make an impact. We are thankful to our volunteers for their time and talents in service to our community. Volunteers are used extensively for their ability to give individualized care and to involve the community in the prevention of child abuse. Group and individual volunteers are needed.
The Parenting PATH Center Volunteer
Provide assistance at our Center, sorting donations or performing clerical work.
- Must be at least 15 or 18, based on specific position and/or duties.
Make a Meal Volunteers
Prepare lunch or dinner for parent education groups (on average, 5-20 people).
- Meals may be prepared at The Parenting PATH or come from a commercially licensed kitchen.
- Must be at least 10, all under 15 must be accompanied by an adult. The kitchen accommodates 3-4 cooks at one time.
Providing assistance in the nursery allows parents to attend classes and trainings with The Parenting PATH staff.
- Nursery volunteers are needed on Tuesday nights from 5:30-7:30 p.m., Thursday mornings from 10:30 am - 12:00 p.m. and every third Tuesday from 10:30 am - 12:00 pm.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
Welcome Baby Volunteers
Provide in-home intervention, which empowers families with positive parenting skills.
- Must be 21 years of age and a high school graduate and attend Welcome Baby training.
- Be a family friend and helper.
Parent Aide Volunteers
Provide in-home visitation with a family two times per week.
- Must be 21 years of age and a high school graduate and attend Parent Aide training.
- Provide emotional support and train families in positive parenting skills.
Requires volunteer application (including criminal background check and two references) orientation, and training.
Requires a weekly, bi-weekly or monthly commitment.
Great group opportunity